Asian Chicken and Peanut Salad
An Asian inspired salad with chicken, carrots, brussels sprouts, bok choy, and chopped peanuts drizzled with a spicy peanut butter dressing.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 3 baby bok choy, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- SPICY PEANUT DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add the chicken and cornstarch to a bowl and toss to combine until all the chicken pieces are coated. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook, flipping the chicken occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the chicken, carrot, brussels sprouts, bok choy, green onion, and peanuts to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add all of the DRESSING ingredients to a jar and seal with a tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined then serve with the salad.
asian recipeschicken recipespeanut recipessalad recipesdairyfree recipesglutenfree recipesspicy recipespoultry recipesbreast recipeschinese recipesthai recipessalads recipes