Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- sliced bread, tortilla wraps, or crackers for serving
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When water begins to boil cover the pan and take the pan off the heat. Let the eggs sit in the pan while covered for 10 minutes.
- Run the eggs under cold water and set aside.
- Peel and pit the avocado then mash the avocado in a large bowl with the back of a fork.
- Peel and chop the boiled eggs then add them to the bowl.
- Add the garlic, red onion, olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper to the bowl.
- Stir with a fork while mashing up some of the egg. Taste and add additional salt & pepper if needed.