Baked Parmesan Tilapia
A quick and easy recipe for crunchy Parmesan breaded tilapia fillets.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1 lb tilapia, fresh or thawed frozen (about 5 medium fillets)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a pie plate combine the panko and Parmesan, in a second pie plate beat the eggs with the peanut oil, and in a third pie plate combine the flour, salt, and pepper and the paprika.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and cover with a baking rack.
- Pat the fish dry. One by one dredged the fish in the prepared flour and shake off the excess. Then dip in the egg mixture and allow any extra to run off. Finally coat fully with Parmesan breadcrumbs. Place each breaded fish on the baking rack and continue with the rest of the tilapia spacing the fish out on the rack.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked with an internal temperature of 140 degrees F. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.