Baked Squash and Zucchini with Feta
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 medium size squash sliced into 1/4 inch discs
- 2 medium size zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch discs
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 TBSP milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season squash and zucchini discs with the salt and pepper. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and saute the veggies until just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl mix the eggs, milk and cheeses until well combined.
- Layer half the zucchini and squash in the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish. Spread half the cheese mixture on top. Layer the remaining squash and zucchini and then spread the remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown.