For the filling:
1 1/2 Lb Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
pinch dried rosemary, pulverized
1 TBSP Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
For the breading:
1 cup flour
2 eggs beaten
2 TBSP oil
1 cup panko
1/2 oz Parmesan cheese
Olive oil spray
*Russet potatoes would be a fine substitution in this recipe.
Total Time: 1 hour active 1.5 hr inactive
1. Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain.
2. In a large bowl mix together the egg, salt & pepper, garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon out 15 equally sized balls (I used a scoop).
3. Flour a plate or dish and roll the potato balls between your palms to make a cylinder shape. Lay on the plate. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until cooled.
4. Make a breading station:
- Place a pie plate with the flour and a dash of salt & pepper
- Next a pie plate with the egg and 2 TBSP oil mixed
- Next a pie plate with the panko and 1/2 cup parmesan mixed
- Finally a baking sheet topped with a wire rack
5. Bread the croquettes one at time:
- Coat the croquettes in the flour first, take care to coat the entire surface.
- Next coat in the egg mixture, once again making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Finally coat in the entire surface in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the wire rack.
Continue with the rest of the croquettes.
6. Refrigerate the croquettes for another hour.
7. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray the croquettes with olive oil spray. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown