Beurre Blanc (Lemon Butter Sauce)
A rich sauce made up of white wine, heavy cream, butter, and fresh lemon juice.
total time: 20 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 stick (8 TBSP) very cold unsalted butter, sliced into pats (about 1/2 TBSP each)
- white pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Add the wine to a small sauce pan over low heat and cook until almost completely reduced.
- Add heavy cream and reduce until syrupy thick, yellowish in color and has large bubbles.
- Keeping the heat low, whisk in one pat of butter at a time until all the butter is incorporated (whisking the whole time).
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon, salt and a teeny dash of white pepper.