Brazilian Orange Rice
Steamed rice made with long-grain white rice, pine nuts, fresh orange juice, and raisins.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice, pine nuts, and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the orange juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover the the pan with a tight fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer over low heat, without removing the lid, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit, without removing the lid, for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the lid and gently stir in the raisins and orange zest then fluff the rice using a fork. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if needed.
brazilian recipesorange recipesrice recipesdairyfree recipesfruit recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipessides recipes