Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
Rich and creamy mashed potatoes made with Yukon gold potatoes and brown butter.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, cut into 6 equal size pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- salt & pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch pieces. Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Stir 1 tsp salt into the water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Soon the butter will start foaming. Eventually brown bits will form and the butter will omit a nutty aroma, when this occurs take the pan off the heat and pour the brown butter into a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Pour the brown butter and warmed heavy cream over the potatoes and mash with a potato masher until no lumps remain. Season with salt & pepper to taste.