Cheese Pizza with Thin Cracker-Style Crust
Two thin no-yeast crispy pizza crusts lightly topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus a little extra
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 16 ounces pizza sauce, divided
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together both of the flours, the water, and the salt until well combined and a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal size pieces then use your hands to roll each piece of dough into a ball. Sprinkle the dough balls with a little flour and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper (at least 14x10-inches in size). Lightly sprinkle the parchment paper with some flour then place one of the dough balls on the paper. Flatten out the dough ball with your hands and sprinkle a little flour on top then use a rolling pin to roll the dough out flat into a rectangle roughly 14x10-inches in size.
- Lightly flour a large baking sheet then flip the rolled out dough onto the baking sheet and carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Brush the dough evenly with 1 TBSP of the olive oil. Spread half (8 ounces) of the pizza sauce evenly onto the dough then sprinkle half (4 ounces) of the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until crust is crisp.
- Allow the pizza to sit for a couple minutes before removing them from the hot baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough ball.