1 cup whole milk
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup coarse cornmeal
1 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
5 slices thick cut bacon cut into 2 inch pieces
8 oz ricotta cheese
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil and set aside.
2. Bring the milk, water, salt and pepper to a boil over high heat in a medium size saucepan then reduce heat to low and stir in cornmeal. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cornmeal becomes very thick, about 5 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the olive oil and Parmesan. Using a spatula quickly spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper or oiled baking sheet (mixture will be thick and may take a little patience to spread).
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove polenta from the fridge and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
6. Cook bacon in a large skillet to desired crispiness, drain and set aside.
7. Pull the polenta from the oven, spread the ricotta cheese evenly on top of the polenta, sprinkle on the cheddar cheese and top with the bacon. Return to the oven for 3 more minutes.
8. LIft polenta onto a cutting board, cut into squares and serve.