Chicken and Spinach Risotto
Creamy risotto with thinly sliced chicken breast, spinach, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and heated through
- salt & pepper
- Generously season the sliced chicken with salt & pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the chicken and cook (in batches if necessary) until chicken is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chicken slices. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock to a saucepan and simmer until hot over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth hot over low heat.
- Melt 1 TBSP of the butter in a separate saucepan over medium-low heat. When the butter has melted add the rice and stir to combine. Pour in 1/2 cup of the hot chicken stock into the pan with the rice and cook, stirring often, until rice has absorbed the chicken stock. Add a ladle full more of stock to the rice and continue to cook while stirring until that stock has been absorbed. Continue this process until all the stock has been used and rice is creamy and al dente, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take the risotto off the heat and stir in the Parmesan until well combined then stir in the lemon juice, spinach, and remaining 1 TBSP of butter. Stir in the cooked chicken and season with salt & pepper to taste.
chicken recipesspinach recipesrisotto recipesglutenfree recipesrice recipesitalian recipesmain_dishes recipespoultry recipesbreast recipes