Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 pound linguine or pasta of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium heat until butter has melted.
- Generously season the chicken breasts and lightly brown them in the pan on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer the peppers and onions to a plate and set aside.
- Add the diced tomatoes and garlic to the hot pan, still keeping it over medium heat, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir the chicken stock, parsley, oregano, basil, and 1/4 tsp of salt in with the tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan, stir to combine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Spread half of the onion and pepper mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, place the chicken breasts on top, spread the remaining half of the onions and peppers on top of the chicken. Pour the creamy tomato sauce evenly over top then cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your pasta according to package directions while the chicken bakes.
- Remove the foil from the baking dish and sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Bake uncovered for 15 more minutes or until cheese is bubbly and begins to brown.
- Allow 5 minutes to cool and serve with the cooked pasta.