Chickpea Cobb Salad
A vegetarian Cobb salad made with romaine lettuce, eggs, avocado, green onion, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, and chickpeas.
total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large ripe avocados
- 7 ounces romaine leaves
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP whole-grain mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly under cold water.
- Place the chickpeas and 4 cups of water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer the chickpeas over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour.
- Boil the eggs while the chickpeas simmer: Place the eggs in a medium-size saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then cover the pan and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit while covered for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the boiled eggs under cold water and set aside. Carefully peel the shell off the eggs then roughly chop and set aside.
- Peel and pit the avocado then chop and set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters and set aside.
- Thinly slice the green onion and set aside.
- When the chickpeas are tender drain and rinse under cold water then set aside.
- Roughly chop the romaine and place in the bottom a large salad bowl. Arrange the eggs, avocado, tomatoes, onion, blue cheese, and chickpeas in rows on top of the lettuce.
- Mix together the DRESSING ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.
garbanzo recipesbean recipesvegetarian recipeschickpea recipescobb recipessalad recipesglutenfree recipeslegumes recipessalads recipes