Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 TBSP parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch baking powder
- Soup Broth:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 15oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the dumpling ingredients onto a small bowl and mix together with hands until it forms a dough.
- Make 1/2 inch balls from the dough.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the onions and celery and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, do not brown.
- Add the thyme, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a boil. Add the dumplings and cook until they begin to float, then lower the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes more.