Chilled Cucumber Soup with Grilled Corn Salsa
A refreshingly cold and creamy cucumber soup packed with flavor.
total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 6 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 3 TBSP finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Corn Salsa:
- 1 ear corn, husked, cut off the cob and grilled
- 1/4 cup red pepper, small dice (same size as corn)
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice (same size as corn)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- dash cumin
- dash black pepper
- dash granulated garlic
- Mix all the ingredients for the soup except the vinegar in a large bowl.
- Working in batches puree the mixture until very smooth.
- Chill the soup for 2 hours.
- Add the vinegar to taste. Adjust the salt if needed. Serve, topped with the Corn Salsa.
- For the Corn Salsa: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and taste: adjust the seasonings to your liking.
I thought the texture of this soup could be a little creamier. Possibly try adding sour cream after the 2 hours of chilling. Maybe whisk it into a small amount of the soup in a little bowl and then fold that in to the full batch in with a rubber spatula (to prevent sour cream chunks)