Chunky Tomato Sauce
total time: 25 Minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1 yellow onion, rough chopped
- 2.5 cups diced tomato in can
- 2.5 cup tomato sauce or puree
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped garlic or 1 TBSP granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive oil, optional
- Put all ingredients except the oil into a medium sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the Olive oil, if using.
- Taste and season to taste.