Classic Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
recipe by: Rae
- 5 ounces Baby spinach
- 2 large eggs, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 6 pieces homemade bacon, chopped
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup large white mushrooms, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion, very thinly sliced
- Brown the bacon in a 12 inch saute pan over medium low heat until crisp. Strain off the grease, but reserve.
- Remove half the bacon and set to the side.
- Add the vinegar,sugar, mustard, salt and pepper to the pan and stir gently over low heat until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease to the pan and continue to stir gently until small bubbles appear. Turn off heat and set in a warm place until ready to serve.
- In a large salad bowl place the spinach, sliced eggs, reserved bacon, mushrooms and onions. Toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Serve immediately.