Creamy Mushroom Bake
Sauteed mushrooms in a creamy garlic cheese sauce.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 8 ounces pork belly or bacon, diced
- 1 lb mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh bread or toast points for serving
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over high heat and brown the pork. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside, leaving the fat in the pan. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Brown the mushrooms in the pan for 3-5 minutes until well browned. Carefully add the white wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- Add the garlic and stir well, cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add the cream and allow to reduce by half. Turn the oven on broil.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the browned pork, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Top with Swiss cheese, then Parmesan and cook in the broiler until the cheese is melted and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Serve with fresh bread or toast points.