Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- For the Lemon Tartar Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 baby dill pickle (2 TBSP), finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- For the Artichoke Cakes:
- 2 15-ounce cans of artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 rib of celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- FOR THE LEMON TARTAR SAUCE:
- Mix the all the tartar sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- FOR THE ARTICHOKE CAKES:
- Add all the artichoke cake ingredients except the flour and oil to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the flour in a large shallow dish.
- Divide the artichoke mixture into 4 equal size balls. Squeeze the balls to release any excess moisture. Form the balls into patties about 3 1/2 inches in diameter then lightly coat in the flour. Place the patties on a plate, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to help them stay together and to allow the flavors to meld.
- Take the patties out of the fridge. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the patties to the pan and cook until well browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the cakes with the lemon tartar sauce.