Crispy Oven Roasted Chickpeas
Dried chickpeas simmered until tender then tossed with olive and salt and baked in the oven until crisp.
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1/2 cup dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly under cold water then place them into a saucepan and cover with plenty of water (at least 4-inches above the chickpeas).
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the water starts boiling cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 1 hour or until chickpeas are tender.
- Drain the chickpeas then dry them off with a cloth or paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the chickpeas to a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over top then sprinkle with the salt. Stir to combine then spread the chickpeas out onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- TO STORE: Allow the chickpeas to completely cool then store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
garbanzo recipesbean recipessnack recipescrispy recipesoven recipesroasted recipeschickpeas recipesdairyfree recipesglutenfree recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipeslegumes recipes