Curried Chicken Noodle Soup
A spicy Thai style chicken noodle soup made with a homemade red curry paste.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- CURRY PASTE:
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP freshly chopped ginger
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 13-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- Combine all the curry paste ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a paste in formed.
- Cut the chicken into 1/4-inch thick strips and set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the curry paste, chicken, carrots, and serrano. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Break up the angel hair pasta into smaller pieces and add to the pot. Stir to combine and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pot and simmer until pasta is cooked and chicken is no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Take soup off the heat and stir in the fresh cilantro. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
curried recipeschicken recipesnoodle recipessoup recipeslaksa recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipespasta recipesspicy recipespoultry recipesasian recipesthai recipessoups recipescurry recipesbreast recipes