Drunken Rice Noodles (Pad Kee Mao)
A Thai dish consisting of rice noodles stir-fried together with spicy peppers and chicken.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions then drain and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, serrano, onion, carrot, and chicken to the pan and cook, stirring often, until chicken is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes (depending on how thick the chicken slices are).
- Add the cooked noodles and soy sauce to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the fresh basil.
- Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
drunken recipesrice recipesnoodles recipespad recipeskee recipesmao recipes30-minutes-or-less recipesbudget-friendly recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipeschicken recipespoultry recipesbreast recipesasian recipesthai recipesmain_dishes recipes