Easier Chicken Kiev
Boneless skinless chicken breasts stuffed with garlic butter then breaded and pan-fried.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 TBSP plus olive oil plus a little extra
- Mix the softened butter, garlic, parsley, and 1/8 tsp salt together in a small bowl until well combined then set aside.
- Set up 3 shallow bowls and 1 plate: put the flour in one bowl, the beaten eggs in the second bowl, and the breadcrumbs in the third bowl. Keep the plate empty.
- Lightly pound the chicken breasts so theyre roughly the same thickness.
- Season the chicken breasts all over with salt & pepper.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a pocket in the side of the chicken breasts then fill the pockets evenly with the garlic butter.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time dredge the chicken in the flour then shake to remove any excess flour. Dredge the chicken the beaten eggs then shake off any excess egg. Lay the chicken in the breadcrumbs and use your hands to gently press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to help them adhere. Set the coated chicken on the plate then coat the remaining chicken the same way.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until the pan is hot.
- When the skillet is hot add 3 TBSP of the oil and tilt to coat the bottom of the skillet evenly.
- Lay the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until chicken is well browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side, adding a little extra oil to the pan if needed.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and serve.
russian recipesukrainian recipeseasier recipeschicken recipeskiev recipespoultry recipesbreast recipesmain_dishes recipes