Parmesan and Black Pepper Potato Soup
A rich and creamy potato soup flavored with garlic, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and freshly ground black pepper.
total time: 40 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the potatoes, onion, and garlic into the dutch oven and cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the water, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper then bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer HALF the soup to a blender and blend until smooth then return the blended soup back into the dutch oven.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Taste the soup and season with additional salt & pepper as needed.
potato recipesone-pot recipesvegetarian recipeseasy recipesquick recipesparmesan recipessoup recipessoups recipes