Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- In a dutch oven or large pot melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes to the onions along with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat, cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese.