Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 TBSP softened unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub 1/2 TBSP of the butter in an 8x8 baking dish.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes on a mandoline or food processor slicer (about 1/8 inch thick slices).
- Mix the potatoes, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and remaining butter in a large saucepan over high heat, stirring to coat, until it begins to boil. Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven uncovered until lightly browned and bubbly, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving.