Golden Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 TBSP unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Place the cut potatoes and 1 tsp of the salt into a large saucepan. Add water until covered about an inch above the potatoes.
- Turn to high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place back into the pan.
- Add the butter and buttermilk and mash with a potato masher until desired consistency.
- Add the fresh ground pepper and remaining salt. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.