Ground Turkey Stroganoff
Ground turkey, onion, and mushrooms in a sour cream garlic sauce served over egg noodles.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion to the pan. Cook, breaking up the turkey a bit with a spatula, until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. Stir in the garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until well combined then pour in the chicken broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to remove any stuck on bits and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, while you cook the noodles. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Stir the sour cream into the sauce and cook until heated through. Season with salt & pepper to taste then serve the sauce over the egg noodles.
russian recipesground recipesturkey recipesstroganoff recipes30-minutes-or-less recipeseasy recipespoultry recipesmain_dishes recipesbudget-friendly recipes