Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (about 2 tsp)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Stir together the water and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour and mix to combine. Add the salt and 1 TBSP of the oil and continue mixing until a dough is formed and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer the dough to a flat work surface and knead by hand for about 5 minutes. Form dough into a smooth ball.
- Add the 1 tsp of oil to a separate large bowl then transfer the dough ball to the bowl and flip around a few times to coat in the oil. Loosely cover the bowl and set in a warm place to allow the dough to rise, about 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the melted butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- Punch down the dough to release any air bubbles and separate the dough into 8 equal size pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a rope roughly 8-inches long and 1/2-inch in diameter. Tie each rope into a loose knot and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Brush the tops of the knots with HALF the garlic butter and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Bake the knots in the preheated oven for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the knots out of the oven and brush the tops with the remaining garlic butter. Allow 5 minutes to cool before serving.