Homemade Skinless Kielbasa
A homemade skinless version of the polish sausage made with beef, pork belly, and spices then roasted in the oven.
total time: 49 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 8 ounces pork belly, partially frozen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Lay out 2 pieces of parchment paper and 2 pieces of aluminum foil all roughly 10-inches by 15-inches.
- Take the partially frozen (makes it easier to chop) pork belly and finely chop it up.
- Add the chopped pork belly and remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mix until well combined.
- Divide the beef mixture into 2 equal size mounds. Working one at a time place a mound of beef onto a piece of parchment paper with the long side of the paper facing you. Form the beef into a log roughly 12-inches long and 1 1/2-inches thick and lay it against the edge of the parchment paper closest to you leaving space on each end. Tightly roll the beef log in the parchment paper trying to make sure you dont have any air pockets. Twist the ends of the parchment paper to enclose the beef. Roll the wrapped beef tightly in the aluminum foil and twist the ends of the foil like you did with the parchment paper. Repeat these steps with the remaining beef.
- Lay the wrapped sausages onto a large plate and refrigerate for 48 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- After 48 hours unwrap the sausages and place them a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roast sausages in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Carefully flip the sausages over and cook for 10 more minutes or until cooked through (160°F internal temperature).
- Take the sausages out of the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve.