1 lb thinly sliced strip steak
3 TBSP cooking oil
2 tsp fresh minced ginger
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into small strips
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into small strips
1 rib celery, diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
cooked white rice to serve
1 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP cornstarch
1 TBSP rice wine or sherry or dry white wine
2 TBSP soy sauce
2 TBSP rice wine or sherry or dry white wine
2 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP sesame oil
2 TBSP water
1 TBSP red pepper flakes or dried chili peppers, seeded and chopped
1/8 tsp black pepper
Total Time: 30 minutes
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Add beef slices and toss to coat, set aside and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Heat 2 TBSP of the cooking oil in a wok or large non-stick pan over high heat until oil begins to smoke. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Remove beef to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 TBSP of cooking oil to the pan and reduce heat to medium-high. Add the ginger, garlic, peppers and celery and cook while stirring, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the beef back into the pan along with the sauce mix. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until sauce begins to thicken, about 2 more minutes.
6. Take off the heat, add the green onions and toss to combine. Serve over rice.