How to Cook Brown Rice
A foolproof way to make tender brown rice on the stovetop.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain or medium-grain brown rice, rinsed very thoroughly
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the 8 cups of water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until water begins boiling rapidly.
- Stir the uncooked rice and 1/4 tsp salt into the boiling water and boil the rice, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 35 minutes.
- Drain the rice well then return the drained rice to the now empty saucepan.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and set the pan aside, off the heat, for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
how recipesto recipescook recipesbrown recipesrice recipesdairyfree recipesglutenfree recipesone-pot recipesvegan recipesvegetarian recipessides recipes