Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 head green cabbage (about 8 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and completely cover with water, add 1 tsp of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size of your cut potatoes. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking melt 4 TBSP of the butter in a medium size pot over medium heat, Add the cabbage and cook until starting to wilt, about 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the milk and cream, Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot and let cook until cabbage is soft, about 10 more minutes.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes along with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, mash the potatoes with a masher until there are no lumps. Fold the cabbage and milk mixture along with the green onions into the mashed potatoes. Make a well in the center of the potato mixture and place the remiaing 2 TBSP of butter in the well. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.