Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 jalapenos, sliced lengthwise seeds removed
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slices Colby jack cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 TBSP softened butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small dish mix the cream cheese, half the cheddar cheese, and the garlic powder. Beat the mixture will. Fill the cavities of the jalapenos halves with the mixture. Place in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese evenly over the buttered bread slices.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium high and lay 2 slices of bread buttery side down. Place 2 slice of Colby Jack over each slice of bread. Lay 4 jalapeno poppers, cheese side down on to each slice of Colby Jack. Add another slice of Colby Jack on top. Top with the remaining slices of bread, butter side up. Allow the bottom cheese to melt and the bread and shredded cheddar to brown. Flip the sandwiches and brown on the second side.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.