Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
- Add the sliced potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the water and bring to a rapid boil over medium-high heat. When the water begins boiling rapidly cook for about 2 minutes then take the potatoes off the stove. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the oil and butter. When the butter has melted lay the sliced potatoes in the pan. Let the potatoes sit and cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 6 minutes.
- Layer the onions on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with the garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Gently stir and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the freshly chopped parsley and season with additional salt & pepper if necessary.