An easy to make Greek pasta dish using a mixture of pasta, eggs, heavy cream, and feta cheese which is then topped with freshly grated Parmesan and baked until browned on top.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 TBSP butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Boil a pot of water and cook your pasta until tender but still firm. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.
- Brush the inside bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish with the melted butter.
- Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked pasta, feta, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and stir to combine. Spread the pasta mixture into the buttered baking dish and sprinkle the top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and top is browned, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.