A moist South African cornbread that's steamed with kernels of corn throughout the bread.
total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears of corn)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, milk, eggs, butter, baking powder, and salt to make a batter.
- Pour the corn kernels into the batter and mix thoroughly. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cover tightly with foil. Place the loaf pan inside of a larger roasting pan or baking dish and place in the oven. Pour water into the larger pan so it comes about halfway up the side of the loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes then remove the foil cover and bake 15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the bread from the loaf pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
corn recipesmealie recipesbread recipescornbread recipesvegetarian recipessides recipes