Mini Cauliflower Grilled Cheeses
The "bread" is made from cauliflower and filled with smoky cheese.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter, softened butter
- Cut the cauliflower into florettes and place in the food processor. Pulse until uniform, small bits.
- Place 3 cups of the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook for five minutes.
- Carefully uncover, stir and recover. Microwave 3-5 minutes more or until tender.
- Allow to sit until cool enough to handle and then place 1 cup at a time into a dish towel and ring out all the water. Repeat until all the cauliflower has been rung out.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the squeezed cauliflower, egg, Parmesan and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper or coat well with spray.
- Separate the cauliflower into 6 equal piles on the sheet.
- Press the mixture in sliced bread size squares, patting down well.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Heat a griddle to 400 degrees or HIGH.
- Spread butter over the tops of the bread slices and place 3 slices on grill butter side down. Top with 1/2 oz cheese and then top with another slice of buttered bread. Once golden brown turn and cook until golden of the opposite side and cheese is melted.
glutenfree recipeseasy recipessandwich recipesvegetarian recipesappetizers recipescauliflower recipesgrilled recipescheese recipes