Moroccan Beef Lentil Soup
A Moroccan spiced soup made with ground beef, lentils, and fresh vegetables.
total time: 1 hour
recipe by: Frankie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 7 cups water
- Add the ground beef and onion to a dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, while breaking it up, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, 2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper to the pot and cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, celery, tomatoes, and lentils and cook while stirring for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the soup, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Season the soup with additional salt & pepper to taste.
moroccan recipesbeef recipeslentil recipessoup recipesbudget-friendly recipesdairyfree recipeseasy recipesglutenfree recipesone-pot recipeslegumes recipesground recipesafrican recipessoups recipes