Mushroom and White Cheddar Popovers
Light and airy popovers made with white button mushrooms and sharp white cheddar cheese.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- olive oil, about 3 TBSP total
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and lightly season with salt & pepper then cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are well browned, about 6 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl then stir in the milk, cheese, flour, and mushrooms until combined, but dont overmix, its ok if the mixture is a bit lumpy.
- Generously brush a total of about 2 TBSP of olive oil on the inside sides and bottom of the cups of a 12-cup muffin pan then place in the oven for about 2 minutes to preheat the muffin pan.
- Take the muffin pan out of the oven then carefully fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned.
- Take the popovers out of the oven and allow to cool for a minute then use a knife the gently release them from the pan.
bread recipesmuffin recipesvegetarian recipesmushroom recipespopovers recipesappetizers recipesbrunch recipesbreakfast recipes