Oven Baked Beef Taquitos
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 TBSP cooking oil
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- sour cream and salsa(optional)
- Add the onion and beef to a large pan over medium heat and cook breaking up the beef into small pieces. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder and cook 1 more minute. Take off the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a stack in the microwave about 30 seconds or until pliable.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Lay tortillas flat and divide meat mixture evenly into the center of each one, keeping the meat about an inch from the edges. Roll the tortillas tightly and place seam side down on the wire rack above the sheet pan.
- Brush the tortillas with the oil and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until tortillas brown and become crispy.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream for dipping.