Pat-in-the-Pan Loaf Biscuits
Easy to make biscuits baked in a well buttered baking dish that are rich and buttery.
total time: 45 minutes
recipe by: Rae
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the melted butter into a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Stir in the buttermilk and mix until well combined. Scrape the dough into the loaf pan. Tilt the pan to allow some of the melted butter to come up over the dough and then spread the dough out evenly to the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until biscuits are browned on top and pulling away from the sides of the pan.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares.
Easy and delicious biscuits.