Peanut Butter Date Cookies
A healthy peanut butter cookie made with oats and sweetened by pureed dates.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 6 ounces Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the dates and water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the pureed dates to a large mixing bowl along with the peanut butter, oats, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon a heaping 1 TBSP mound of the mixture about onto a ungreased baking sheet. Flatten the mound using the back of a fork while pressing a criss-cross pattern on top. Repeat with the remaining mixture leaving at least 1-inch between the cookies. Sprinkle each of the cookies with just a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.