Penne Carbonara with Peas
Penne pasta tossed with crispy pork belly, egg yolks, freshly grated Parmesan, and green peas.
total time: 30 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 4 ounces pork belly, diced
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Cook the pork belly in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until crispy, about 3 minutes. Transfer the cooked pork to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks, Parmesan, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Boil a pot of water then cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, add the peas in with the pasta when the pasta has 1 minute left of cooking.
- When the pasta is finished cooking stir 2 TBSP of the hot pasta water into the egg mixture then drain the pasta and peas.
- Add the pasta and peas to a large serving bowl then stir in the egg mixture until well combined.
- Season with additional salt & pepper to taste.