Pepper Jack Twice-Baked Potatoes
Mashed potatoes mixed with sour cream, milk, red onion, and pepper jack cheese then stuffed into a crispy potato shell.
total time: 2 hours
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 large (about 12 ounces each) baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the potatoes then use the tines of a fork to poke several holes all over the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack until tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes form the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- With a small knife cut out large ovals in the skin on top of the potatoes then discard the cut skin.
- Scoop out the center of the potatoes into a large mixing bowl then place the hollowed out potato shells on a baking dish and set aside.
- Mash the scooped out potato with a potato masher until well mashed.
- Stir the sour cream, milk, red onion, salt, pepper, and HALF the pepper jack cheese in with the potatoes until well combined.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the hollowed out potato shells the sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 more minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
pepper recipesjack recipestwice-baked recipespotatoes recipesbudget-friendly recipesglutenfree recipespotato recipesvegetables recipesspicy recipesvegetarian recipessides recipes