- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly ground Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place potatoes in a medium size pot and cover with cool water. Boil over medium-high heat until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Place potatoes, butter, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher until butter is melted and potato lumps remain. Pour in the heavy cream and stir until combined.
- MAKE THE PESTO: Add the basil, garlic, and pine nuts to a food processor and blend into a paste. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the olive oil and Parmesan.
- Add the pesto to the mashed potatoes and stir to combine.