Total Time: 20 minutes prep 20 minutes cooking
- 20 jumbo white mushrooms, stems removed but reserved
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom stems rough chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- pinch black pepper
- pinch granulated garlic
- 1 large slice hearty white bread, torn into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp oil
- pinch herbs de Provence
- In a 12 inch non-stick pan brown the sausage.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems and onion and cook 5 minutes or until very tender. Add a teaspoon of cooking oil if the pan is too dry.
- In the meantime arrange your mushroom caps on a baking sheet space about 1/2 inch apart.
- Prepare your breadcrumbs: place the torn bread, oil and herbs de Provence in a food processor and pulse until it resembles wet sand. Set aside for later use.
- Once the liquid is cooked out of the mushroom mixture transfer it to a medium bowl and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, black pepper and granulated garlic to the bowl with the cooled mushroom mixture. Beat with a heavy spoon until well incorporated.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture into the mushrooms evenly.
- Top each filled mushroom with about 1/2 tsp of breadcrumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes or until browned, If not browned after 20 minutes broil them for 5 minutes.