Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey (85/15)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 hamburger buns
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- optional: lettuce, onion, pickles, mayo, mustard, etc.
- In a large bowl use your hands to mix together the ground turkey, garlic, onion, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Form the turkey mixture into 3 evenly sized balls the press them into patties a little bigger in dimeter than the buns.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- When the pan/griddle is hot drizzle the oil in the pan/griddle. Lay the burgers in the pan/griddle and lightly season the top with salt & pepper.
- Cook until well browned, 5 to 6 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and lay a slice of cheese on each burger. Let the burgers sit for a minute until the cheese melts then transfer them to the hamburger buns and top with your choice of toppings.