Total Time: about 8 hours
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 2 TBSP peanut oil
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a small bowl mix the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels and rub the spice mixture all over the pork.
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or cast-iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear the pork in the hot oil until well browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Lay the seared pork into the slow cooker and place the sweet potatoes on top. Pour the apple cider vinegar over the pork and potatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Transfer pork and potatoes to a platter and serve.