Spam and Pineapple Pizza
- .25oz packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 12oz can Spam
- 6 oz cut pineapple
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- In a mixing bowl combine yeast, sugar, oil, and 1/2 cup of the water. Let sit 5 minutes.
- 2 Add salt, flour, and remaining water to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Lay out dough on counter and need for about 5 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for half an hour.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine tomato sauce, garlic, basil, and oregano and set aside.
- Dice spam and fry in a pan until crisp.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll out dough and place on a pizza pan or baking sheet
- Spread sauce on dough then add cheese, spam and pineapple.
- Place pizza in oven and bake for 14 minutes. Top with red pepper flakes if desired.