Thinly sliced potatoes and onions cooked with eggs in olive oil.
total time: 20 minutes
recipe by: Frankie
- 2 TBSP plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces baby gold potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- salt & pepper
- 3 large eggs
- Heat 2 TBSP of the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot layer the potato and onion in the pan and season with salt & pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the potatoes and onions to a paper towel lined plate. Discard any oil from the pan and wipe the pan clean.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, transfer the cooked potatoes and onions to the bowl with the eggs and stir to combine. Heat the 1/4 cup of oil in the pan over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cover the pan and cook until the bottom is browned and the eggs on top begin to set, about 4 minutes.
- Using a thin spatula work your way around the edge and carefully and quickly flip the omelette over and cook 3 to 4 more minutes or until and eggs are cooked through.
- Flip the omelette from the pan over onto a cutting board and let rest a couple minutes. Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature.